Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> Help installing Team Fortress 2 in Wine.
ross
post Feb 22 2009, 02:52 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,917

I've been having some trouble installing Team Fortress 2 through Wine. When I load the game and navigate the menu everything works fine until I start a game, at which point it goes to a loading screen like it normally does and just crashes to the desktop. I don't get any error messages I could post here or anything like that unfortunately.

I have tried -dxlevel 81 and that did nothing, I have also turned off all sorts of graphical features like anti-aliasing and motion blur. So, what's going on here?

Edit: I have tried playing portal now, it worked fine with the -dxlevel 81 thing, albeit a little slow and with quite a few annoying graphical problems. Without the -dxlevel 81 it was ridiculously slow. It also had an annoying thing in the lower left corner that showed a much darker version of what I was looking at upside down. Weird. Anyway, I'm going to try to update my video drivers and see if that helps anything.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- ross   Help installing Team Fortress 2 in Wine.   Feb 22 2009, 02:52 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 05:18 PM