Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> mpiexec help
DarienFox
post Feb 11 2009, 07:22 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,869

Hi all,

I am submitting parallel jobs like so:

mpiexec -np 12 -machinefile < nodes.inp ./myprogram

The nodes.inp file contains the list of nodes to be used. But the mpiexec thinks the ./myprogram is also a file to be read by -machinefile so mpiexec tells me that I haven't given it an executable but indeed "myprograms" is an executable. How can I tell linux to only input just one file to -machinefile (or any linux program for that matter, doesnt have to be mpiexec), obviously "<" is not working. Any suggestions could be awesome! Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
DarienFox
post Feb 11 2009, 10:14 PM
Post #2

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,869

Thanks a lot, MichaelK.

I had indeed tried that but I get another error, part of which is:

mpiexec: spawn failed with errno=-11

I googled this and it seems I should get rid of the -machinefile part of my mpiexec command. That works, problem is the code is designed to submit executables on these nodes again and again before the job is suppose to terminate. Those executables must know which nodes I have reserved for them to run so I have to use the -machinefile option (unless someone knows a better way to do this). So if I get rid of the -machinefile part the first part of the code works but once a further executable is submitted, it doesn't know the nodes to submit to and terminates. Any thoughts? Thanks again!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 07:39 PM