Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> What do these PHLAK & Ubuntu errors mean?, SSD problems
Etrix568767
post Feb 8 2009, 09:21 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,898

I''m working on an Acer Aspire One notebook ZG5, that has XP home sp,3 an 8 gig ssd, 1 gig ram, & no cd. It will not boot. It just goes into a loop after the MS boot screen. You can see a quick bsod, but I can't pause it. Then it reboots. I tried all the different safe modes, nothing. I tried alt + f10 to do a recovery without a CD, it goes back to the loop. I went into the bios & changed it to boot the from my external USB CD. It reads the Acer recovery cd then goes back to the loop. It booted from the cd with PHLAK 3.0 & Ubuntu. Phlak stopped with an error that said "can't find Phlak file system sorry" & "/static/ash:can't access tty; job turned off" Ubuntu errors were, "can't find Morphix file system, sorry" & "/static/ash: can't access tty; job control turned off" What do these errors mean? Does this mean the SSD is shot? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Etrix568767
post Feb 8 2009, 05:57 PM
Post #2

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,898

Yeh I meant 5.4 used. Now I have to figure out how to format or repair this installation. It won't boot from cd's because it looks for a hard drive I guess. Is there a linux that I can format a SDD from?
Thanks Ed
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 03:37 PM