Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> NEED HELP, I,M LOSING MY MIND!!!(wireless problem), wireless problem laptop HP Presaio v2000
Newb2Linux
post Feb 5 2009, 12:44 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,892

Ok so mind my grammar and spelling to start, next i am new to Ubuntu and linux (Yet it looks good and feel right for me). my problem is understanding what to do with my internet problem, i don't have access to a LAN line just a bunch of wireless connections from school and public places, I have my laptop on the duel bOOt, my laptop has a button by the power to enable/disable the wireless so i guess its built in. i need to find a way to find wireless networks in the area but the wireless button doesn't even turn on (when in linux) and i try to figure it out from internet and network set ups and i try configuring it some how on the windows side but nothing seems to want the button or card to work on linux. so my real question is how can i look for local wireless internet connections or get my button things to work on linux? what do i need to do? what can i do? i really want to continue using linux but i want to use it to its best abilities and i need to be abel to get wireless internet. Thank You i really apreceate any help or any feed back thanks once again
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 04:25 PM