Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> Graphical Installation Issue, Displaying problem on bootup
minimayem
post Jan 23 2009, 09:06 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,871

hello all,

first of all let me say im relativly new to linux, had to use it in a business enviroment last year (mail server, zonefiles and VoIP) but beyond that I wasnt able to play around (for obvious reasons!) or learn much beyond what I needed to know. now i've decided to install it on my laptop, on a sperate partition to my current windows os.

i've downloaded the i686 livecd, and booted from the cd with no errors. however once the installer actually started, all i could see was 3 seperate blocks of the installer, with jagged lines criss-crossing across the screen, basically looking like my video card was on the blink. its not, as it works in windows fine.

i could see that while the installer was starting up it detected the video card, which is a ATI Radeon Xpress 200, and it detected the resolutions okay too, and yet it displays in this funky way? fumbling around I got into the actual operating system, to go to the display settings and there were no resolution options available.

i imagen this is quite a noobish question, but i used to only ever use gentoo through the command line, and dont know my way around the graphical system properly, which is made 300 times harder when you cant actually see the desktop.

any help would be greatly appreciated,

thanks,

james
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 03:14 AM