Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> btd zombie mod cmd startup line
leadbreakfast
post Dec 17 2008, 11:13 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,811

I am renting a gameserver for call of duty 4 and using the before the dawn zombie mod http://www.before-dawn.co.uk/dawn/news.php found here

This is the stock cmd startup line

+set dedicated 2 +set net_ip xx.xx.xxx.xxx +set sv_maxclients 10 +set ui_maxclients 10 +set net_port 28960 +exec config.cfg +map_rotate

here is the line I am told to add
I am using the internet server line.
to make it

+set dedicated 2 +set net_ip xx.xx.xxx.xxx +set sv_maxclients 10 +set ui_maxclients 10 +set net_port 28960 +exec config.cfg +map_rotate +set fs_game mods/btd_alpha_002 +set dedicated 2 +set map_rotate +exec server.cfg +set sv_pure 0

this is install instructions

Simply edit your cfgs to how you want them (game settings). Make a new folder in your servers mod folder (root\modsz"new folder here") Called btd_alpha_001. However you can call it something else. Then simply upload your updated cfg's/mod.ff/iwd's to the newly made folder.Then change the command line.

example cmd line to create a local server.

create a shortcut to cod4 on ur desktop
right click properites
and edit the game target, add the line below after what is already there

sv_pure has to be 0 for the custom maps to work

listen server
"+set fs_game mods/btd_alpha_002 +set dedicated 0 +set map_rotate +exec server.cfg +set sv_pure 0"

Lan server
"+set fs_game mods/btd_alpha_002 +set dedicated 1 +set map_rotate +exec server.cfg +set sv_pure 0"

Internet server - must redirect the mod
"+set fs_game mods/btd_alpha_002 +set dedicated 2 +set map_rotate +exec server.cfg +set sv_pure 0"

For a more detailed setting up a server guide, for the people who are new to applying mod to game servers, go to:
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 08:12 AM