Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Development Tools, installation failure
nasj
post Dec 10 2008, 08:15 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,788

I'm a linux noob, trying to install development tools on an EEE pc with it's Xandros distribution. I'm following these instructions (http://wiki.eeeuser.com/howto:installingdevelopmenttools).

All seemed to be going well until I got the error:

dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/dpkg-dev_1.13.25_all.deb (--unpack):

unable to create './usr/share/man/ru/man1/882-date.1.gz': No space left on device

I'm assuming this means I don't have anough free space on my eee PC, however my disk utility says I have 605m free space. How large are the tools?

So now the install has apparently stopped (just a black blox cursor preceeded by no text). Did it unistall itself since it failed? Am I left with half an app? If I clear some space and try again will it help? Will it overwrite the half install (if there is one)?

EDIT: When I type "df" I'm told that none of my partitions are full. The majority say 61%.

EDIT AGAIN: I am trying to save a small text file and it says I have no space left to do so. However the disk utility still says I have 605 m.....

Solution found:
Okay, my wife resolved the issue (she's the techie here). Here is the email she sent me:

Figured out the problem. There's sufficient space left on the hard
drive, but the inodes are at full capacity.

Better explanation here: howto:no_space_left_on_device [EeeUser Eee PC Wiki]

Easy script to use to resolve the problem:
EeeUser ASUS Eee PC Forum / OS claiming "no space left on device" when df -h shows over 600M free?

EDIT THRID TIME: In Diagnostic Tools, under the storage icon it says:

Filesystem Size Used
/dev/sda1 2.3G 100%
/dev/sda2 1.4g 61%

Help and thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 03:21 AM