Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> From Windows XP to Linux?
LASER
post Dec 9 2008, 04:04 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,787

Hi all...

Im gonna start by saying that you guys have a great forum. I just hope that you can help me.

Ok its like this, i got a laptop from a friend that needs help. Laptop is a ASUS Eee PC 900 (its small and pretty cool). Anyway my friend gave his friend this laptop ( long story). And that dude installed Windows XP over the standard Linux that laptop had. Now with this crappy XP laptop lags, take some time to load. Pretty shitty. Anyway i don't have any experience with Linux. Now i need to boot somehow Linux from my USB memory (because this laptop doesn't have CD-ROM) and install Linux back! . I tried couple of time to boot, but i didn't go well. So im asking if someone can help me with this problem?. I have 4GB USB stick. Plus i have the recovery CD with a software that converts files and puts them on my USB, but when i try to boot, it doesn't work. And yes USB stick is set to first boot in BIOS.

I was on this site..

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromUSBStick

And done pretty much all of that, i didnt undstend so much ether. Anyway like i said i don't have any experience with Linux. So if someone can help me that wuld be great THX. smile.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2017 - 11:52 PM