Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Email Server, Email Server
koshea
post May 12 2003, 10:36 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 821

Hope someone can help... I am looking for software that will resolve an issue for me... I have a domain name hosted by an ISP which allows me unlimited email aliases, so all email sent to *@mydomainname.com will come to me. This is great, but what I would like to do is have some (email server) software which would allow me to download this set of emails from my ISP's server and hold it on my local PC. From this holding stage, I would like to be able to have different users/email apps/computers retrieve their individual email messages by seperation of user1@mydomainname.com, user2@mydomainname.com, etc.

Is there an email server software package which will allow me to do this? I am a Linux newbie with Suse 8.1.

I hope that the solution can be found with a freeware/shareware/open source software package.

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Joey
post May 12 2003, 11:53 AM
Post #2

LinuxHelp Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I think fetchmail & procmail will do this for you. Try searching www.google.com on the subject.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 10:36 PM