Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I will pay $ if you help me (no joke) honest man, step by step to install vlc media player
gearhead
post Nov 2 2008, 04:45 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,738

Hello, I have a problem trying to install vlc media player on my linux os. I have linux version 6 red hat nash 9.0 ON MY PLAYSTATION 3. I have been using windows os for all my life. I have NO EXPERIENCE typing in command lines. I need STEP BY STEP BY STEP instructions on how to install vlc media player on linux. I couldn't find any computer shop somewhat close to me that knows linux os. I WILL PAY $50.00 paypal to the person who can walk me through on how to install. This is not a joke, please take me seriously. I wish there was a way for someone to trust me but, the internet is what it is. Maybe we can do it through ebay, that way there is feedback involved but, that would be kind of rediculous. I AM ONLY LOOKING FOR EXPERIENCED USERS PLEASE! When vlc is a successfully installed I want adobe flash player installed. I think adobe version 9 or 10 does not support linux but, I'm not sure. I did not mess around to much with it but if I'm sure I cannot figure it out I may have to pay for help on that one as well. If anyone is serious about helping me please post here or email me at tona6582@yahoo.com for my phone number. Thanks, Blake Simon
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HammerHead66
post Nov 5 2008, 04:07 AM
Post #2

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,750

QUOTE (gearhead @ Nov 2 2008, 01:45 PM) *
Hello, I have a problem trying to install vlc media player on my linux os. I have linux version 6 red hat nash 9.0 ON MY PLAYSTATION 3. I have been using windows os for all my life. I have NO EXPERIENCE typing in command lines. I need STEP BY STEP BY STEP instructions on how to install vlc media player on linux. I couldn't find any computer shop somewhat close to me that knows linux os. I WILL PAY $50.00 paypal to the person who can walk me through on how to install. This is not a joke, please take me seriously. I wish there was a way for someone to trust me but, the internet is what it is. Maybe we can do it through ebay, that way there is feedback involved but, that would be kind of rediculous. I AM ONLY LOOKING FOR EXPERIENCED USERS PLEASE! When vlc is a successfully installed I want adobe flash player installed. I think adobe version 9 or 10 does not support linux but, I'm not sure. I did not mess around to much with it but if I'm sure I cannot figure it out I may have to pay for help on that one as well. If anyone is serious about helping me please post here or email me at tona6582@yahoo.com for my phone number. Thanks, Blake Simon

ok try this.

Go to www.google.com
type in search "flash player."
hit enter
click on Adobe flash player
now on this one your going to have to look for it. there is a menu that said,"Select version to download" left click that for the drop down menu. select," .rpm for Linux
ok now left click on the yellow button, Agree and Install
there will be a pop-up window that comes up. It's going to ask :What should Firefox do with this file?"
click open with Software installer(default). Then click ok.
ok there is another pop-up window it will have a tab to install, click it.
it will ask you for your root password(setup when you installed Linux) enter your root password, click ok.
your done. You have installed flash player. note not all web sites have fix it to work on the tv network websites. somethings will load and some will not. I hope this helped you.
HammerHead66
P.S.
my e-mail
hollycowbatman23@yahoo.com make sure to type in something in subject so i know it's not junk mail.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 06:32 AM