Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> DHCPD.CONF question, Regarding MAC and non static addresses
hiro24
post Oct 3 2008, 07:25 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,693

Hello...

I'd like to set dhcp up in such as way as to default deny addresses to all except a pre-defined group of MAC addresses. I've found how to do this in regards to setting them us as static IPs, but this isn't really what I'm looking for. I'd like it to basically be like "Oh, your MAC is approved? Here, have a (non static) IP. You're not on the list? Sorry.." Can somebody shed a little light on this for me?

-Chris
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Naresh
post Nov 13 2008, 06:08 AM
Post #2

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,756

QUOTE (hiro24 @ Oct 3 2008, 07:25 AM) *
Hello...

I'd like to set dhcp up in such as way as to default deny addresses to all except a pre-defined group of MAC addresses. I've found how to do this in regards to setting them us as static IPs, but this isn't really what I'm looking for. I'd like it to basically be like "Oh, your MAC is approved? Here, have a (non static) IP. You're not on the list? Sorry.." Can somebody shed a little light on this for me?

-Chris

Hi Chris,

Even i have the same situation and after going through the man page i found a solution. I dont know if the solution is of any use for you after 40 days of posting the question. But i joined in Linuxhelp only today.
But here is the dhcpd.conf which does the trick,

subnet x.x.x.0 netmask x.x.x.x {
range x.x.x.x y.y.y.y;
deny unknown-clients;
}
host hostnumber1 {
hardware ethernet x:y:z:a:b:c;
}
host hostnumber2 {
hardware ethernet a:b:c:d:e:f;
}
If you apply this conf file , then only clients with x:y:z:a:b:c and a:b:c:d:e:f will be offered DHCP offers with dynamic ips in the range of (x.x.x.x ---> y.y.y.y). Others will be denied.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 05:32 PM