Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> newbie with upgrade and KDE problems, lost wlan with kernel upgrade and KDE problems
ej9408
post Sep 23 2008, 06:56 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,679

Well I have a toshiba laptop, with dual boot Suse 11.0/ vista ... atheros wireless chip ar5007eg ... so I had to compile the driver using the madwifi snapshop and everything worked great until I
did an update which dropped the wlan instantly .. the kernel upgraded from 2.6.25.11 to 2.6.25.16 ... and all the problems started ... the ath0 and wifi0 disappeared so I tried to recompile the madwifi driver but no luck .. in addition to the wlan dropping out KDE4 lost its icons on the desktop and the pop-up menus ... the wallpaper is still showing and the icons are there but just invisible ... I can change from my main user login (the only login with the KDE problem) to root or a 3rd login and the KDE works fine ... so how can I delete the KDE for one user and just start a new working KDE ??? As for the wlan problem it will not work for linux system in any user ... but it works fine for Vista ...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- ej9408   newbie with upgrade and KDE problems   Sep 23 2008, 06:56 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 07:19 AM