Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> linux home server
azler
post Aug 11 2008, 11:42 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,606

I have just installed debian for a home server.
i have a few questions.
1)i have installed proftp and i can conenct to it via my user name and password, but i can see the entire server directory which is not good if i let any one use it to upload stuff. now after having a think about it, if i set a home dir for that use name would it limit me to that directory?
2) apache was installed with the debian image, and it works i can connect, and i know where to upload my files to, only it redirects it to eg. (192.168.0.99/apache-default/index.html) where as id like it to go to (192.168.0.99/index.html) how would i change this? ;
and carrying on from apache can i install phpmyadmin with apt-get install phpmyadmin?
3) which file do i edit so i can add things to start up when the server boots up, eg, /cs/server.sh how would i get this file to load when the server boots?
Cheers thanks for your help in advance!
Rob
also ima bit new to this, as im yesterday... but im picking it up fast ish, every thing else is running fime just those 3 things.
o and apparently it does not have a 'make' function.. as it wont let me install programs. just says no make in bash.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 11:28 PM