Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help!, blank monitor, nvidea card issues
Dan989
post Jul 27 2008, 09:18 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,579

hi everyone! I installed Ubuntu Linux on my laptop yesterday and have been spending time customizing it. This is the very first time I use Linux and i am learning as i go along. I went to the appearance section to change the walpaper and then discovered 3 options for appearance (video card acceleration for enhanced appearance). It was set to none and to get advanced it prompted to download the drivers for my video card. I did this and followed with the recommended restart.

Once the computer had restarted, it went through its loading up and once the Ubuntu loading screen was done, rather then displaying the username/password screen it showed a bunch of horisontal black lines on a beige background with one wide vertical strip in the middle. No text is visible at all and the stripes fade in and out of eachother. I can proceed with loging in by typing in my username and password and I hear the logon soundclip but still can't see anything.

How can I reverse the installation of these drivers if I cant even see where to go in linux? or at least make it work!

thankfully I did the windows/linux spplit install so I can still use Vista at the moment to try and resolve this.

Any help would be greately apreciated, I would hate to have to redo the entire install :S

the card is an Nvidea GeForce 8400M GS 128MB on a Dell XPS M1530 Laptop with an intel core 2 duo T7500 processor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2017 - 10:57 PM