Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> Question
biggestnoob
post Jun 26 2008, 08:00 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,284

I was wondering. Currently I have run opensuse 11.0 but I am thinking about using a different distro. I was thinking about ubuntu but I am not sure if I want to try ubuntu or kubuntu. I was wondering. Currently, I have about a 13GB root partition, 25GB home partition, and a 600MB swap partition. I was wondering if it would be possible to split my root partititon in half, one for ubuntu and one for kubuntu. And then share the home partition. Do you think this is a good idea, is it possible to share a home partition because I never tried it before? Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
biggestnoob
post Jun 27 2008, 10:38 PM
Post #2

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,284

Thanks, I have been thinking and I am going to try both out with a live CD so I won't try to run it on the same system. The main reason why I want to switch is because I am having a hard time getting used to KDE 4.0. So maybe they will fix some things I don't like in 4.1. I will have to upgrade to that and see if I can handle it. Then maybe I will continue using opensuse.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 04:07 AM