Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tor/Privoxy/Vidalia Help, Can't get them to work
dustfinger
post Mar 15 2008, 12:49 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,381

I'm running Fedora Core 8, if that makes any difference.

I'm trying to run tor with firefox, and to do so I need privoxy to work. I installed tor from the rpm gotten off its website and privoxy from yum. At this point, tor started off fine, but for it to do anything with FF I needed privoxy running as well. Here's where the problems started.

CODE
[****@localhost ~]$ privoxy start
Starting privoxy: Usage: privoxy {start|stop|reload|restart|condrestart|status|top}
                                                           [FAILED]
[****@localhost ~]$

It doesn't ever say anything more than that. I've gone into the config file and set the debug to display every error possible, but that's all it ever says. I decided to try getting vidalia to see if that would help. Vidalia starts up fine until I tell it to start Tor, which is when it crashes giving me:

CODE
GLib-ERROR **: file gmain.c: line 2064 (g_main_dispatch): assertion failed: (current->source == &current_source_link)
aborting...
Aborted

Google has gotten me nowhere, and I've checked through every setting these programs have, to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas as to what's wrong?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dustfinger
post Mar 21 2008, 04:10 PM
Post #2

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,381

bump, anybody?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 01:18 AM