Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> Monitor Drivers, Windows drivers in Linux?
UberGanz
post Jan 19 2008, 03:35 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,273

I can't get my monitor to install in Ubuntu Linux. I have a ridiculous resolution of 800x600--I've tried installing and copying the driver files, but it hasn't worked out for me. Also, the drivers for this monitor aren't listed in the 'monitors' section in the preferences tab. I'm using an hp vs17e; if anyone can help me get this monitor installed, please let me know!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Glennzo
post Jan 19 2008, 05:29 AM
Post #2

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,222

QUOTE (UberGanz @ Jan 19 2008, 03:35 AM) *
I can't get my monitor to install in Ubuntu Linux. I have a ridiculous resolution of 800x600--I've tried installing and copying the driver files, but it hasn't worked out for me. Also, the drivers for this monitor aren't listed in the 'monitors' section in the preferences tab. I'm using an hp vs17e; if anyone can help me get this monitor installed, please let me know!

I don't think you need to install drivers for your monitor. You need to edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf to reflect the proper screen resolutions. If you can open a terminal as root or use sudo and type the command cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf and we can try to get you up to the resolution you want, max is 1280x1024.

--------------------
Glennzo Powered by Fedora 8
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- UberGanz   Monitor Drivers   Jan 19 2008, 03:35 AM
- - Glennzo   QUOTE (UberGanz @ Jan 19 2008, 03:35 AM) ...   Jan 19 2008, 05:29 AM
- - DS2K3   You may need drivers for your video card though. -...   Jan 20 2008, 12:15 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 03:18 AM