Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1920x2000 Display Size?, x display config
saylor09
post May 1 2003, 10:59 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 764

Please help!

I just got a brand spankin new Dell inspiron 8500 with a WUXGA ultrasharp wide display that is capable of 1920x2000 resolution. It works fine under winXP but linux (RedHat8.0) doesn't seem to want to support this. I'm not too familiar with all the XF86config stuff and I'm not sure what else to do. I've run through xf86config and it doesn't provide this resolution as a choice. Does linux support 1920x2000 at all? Do the choices for the supported resolutions depend upon the sync frequencies? I've scouring the web and haven't been able to find the exact specs for the display. I based some values on another LCD display that supported 1920x2000 natively but I suppose that's not really appropriate.

Can anyone provide any clues?

TIA
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
frodo44
post May 2 2003, 03:40 PM
Post #2

./configure

Group: Members
Member No.: 213

That's a pretty uncommon display size. Chances are that X doesn't support it. You might have to run at a lower resolution, like 1200 x something (can't remember the other one). You might do some web crawling, though, and see if anyone has come out with a patch for X that supports that resolution.

Eric

--------------------
Windows XP; Debian 3.0r2 (Woody)
---
Shuttle AK32 Mobo w/ Athlon XP 1700+ @ 266 FSB
GeForce 4 mx440 64mb
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz 5.1 Surround Sound
256 MB DDRAM
Seagate 80gb, Western Digital 40gb
---
weezle@charter.net
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 10:08 AM