Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> Partimage, NTFS to NTFS
StateS
post Nov 18 2006, 06:55 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,831

I am having trouble copying my NTFS windows partition with partimage to an NTFS disk... I mount the disk that I am writing to with this instruction: "mount -t captive-ntfs -o --rw /dev/sda5 /mnt/storage" then I try to make the image of my Windows Disk with partimage, but first of all it is slow as heck... I think that it only gets about 20MiB/s tops, but I believe that this is because I am using captive, and the second problem is that I get some funky errors after about 1.7gb...

Is there a way for me to speed up this backup process? Other than converting one of my drives to Fat32 or any other type of file system? Is there a way for me to just use "mount -t ntfs -o --rw /dev/sda5 /mnt/storage" and have partimage overwrite an existing file (one that I created beforehand for this purpose)? Does it work that way?

Did the program give me errors because I was writing to a disk that is a bit fragmented?

I'm sorry I really have no idea where else to put this... It's not exactly a Linux problem but it also isn't exactly a Windows problem either...

Thank you for your time.

P.S.

I am using SysRescCD to try and do this process, not sure if you guys are familiar with this project or not, so here is it's homepage: http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- StateS   Partimage   Nov 18 2006, 06:55 PM
- - michaelk   I can not offer much help since I've only use...   Nov 19 2006, 09:41 PM
- - StateS   QUOTE (michaelk @ Nov 20 2006, 02:41 AM) ...   Nov 20 2006, 02:59 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 02:04 PM