Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FTP user account problems
MiNi Me
post Nov 3 2006, 06:00 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,651

Howdy all
I'm having a weird problem that I have been raking my head and I can't sort it out.

This is the set up, I have a server running debian Linux which I have full access to with root password etc

I have an old account on there which someone else set up and I have been using for a long time to access the server (via putty) with no problems.
I recently set up a new account for myself and now use this in putty with no problems, but if I FTP into the server with my new account details I can't see any other directory excep /home/mini (mini being me)
only the message bar up the top of my FTP client doesn't show it like that, is just has " / "
The directory I can view is definately /home/mini as I have tried uploading files to that directory and then viewing it as a different user and the files are there.

When I log in as the old account I get taken to /home/simon and all the other directories are visible in the window and I can navigate to and from with no problems.

I'm relatively new to Linux but as I understand it all user accounts have the same permissions don't they?
Do I need to be looking at group permissions or something along those lines?
The only thing that might be different between the mini account and the simon account may be that simon
is a member of a group which I didn't add mini to...

Just to clarify I am only having problems when I use an FTP client, there is no problems with putty access

Any and all help much appreciated (my head is sore tongue.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 09:24 AM