Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> problems with booting
mykaL
post Oct 17 2006, 04:16 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,505

i'm sorry i can not provide any information from my log, because my system is yet to boot up linux.
it's the third time i installed a linux distribution and it didn't work. it happened with ubuntu 6, with mandriva one 2006, and now with feodra core 6 prerelease (not test 1,2 or 3).
first let me tell you what happenes, and then i will get into detailing my hardware. i chose the right architecture version. i'm sure of that (x86). i wrote it on a cd and installed it. with ubuntu, the system loaded about 3-4 times and then it didn't work anymore. the same eas with mandriva. fedora didn't work at all. the install process went on with no errors. after i took the cd out and rebooted, the grub and lilo appeared (i chose all of the bootloaders, because i thought they were to blame). i entered on the right os (i have windows installed too). the drivers and all the other things loaded and just before the welcome screen, when the gnome or kde had to appear (again i used both of them because i thought they were to blame), the screen would go black, like it was shut down, then i light black, like it recieved some sort of signal (not the real black-F#00000). the keyboard didn't work anymore (the numlock key, the capslock). the red led on the computer blinked a few times, then the floppy drive blinked a few times, and then nothing happened.
this happened with ubuntu, mandriva and fedora as well.
this is my hardware configuration (if i forgot to list some necesary items, please tell me):

*processor=AMD sempron 2800+ (1800mhz) [acpi\authenticamd_-_X86_family_15_model_44\_0]
*video card=asus 9250/ati radeon 9200 pro (128 mb) [pci\ven_1002$dev_5960&subsys_004c1043&rev_01\4&3600494a&0&0008]
*keyboard=standard 101/102-key or microsoft natural ps/2 keyboard [standard\pnp0303\4&30647147&0]
*256 mb ram
*via raid(something like that, i don't really know what this is )
*ethernet adapter
*asus motherboard
*soundmax digital integrated audio card
*hard drive 40 gb:ide ata/atapi

(the brackets "[]" are the detailed description windows device manager showed me.

if anyone can help, i would very much apreciate it. and i'm sorry if this has already been posted.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 08:06 AM