Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need developers for Shift Linux, a Debian distro created for Neowin
Barney
post Sep 14 2006, 06:52 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,233

I am writing to ask for help on a community project by Linux enthusiasts at Neowin. A group of us have decided to create a site distro called Shift Linux. We have actually produced several test versions and are currently planning to release our first public version shortly. Our distro is based on Morphix (http://www.morphix.org).

We have released a concept distro usong Xfce4 and a "working" live distro using Fluxbox. Now we want to rtelease two additional versions *Shift Linux 0.3-Flux" and "Shift Linux 0.3-Gnome". We have produced working .XML files for each of these, but are stuck because we cannot get them to connect automatically to the internet. Once booted up, we have to issue the command "sudo /sbin/ifup -a" in order to get the network recognised.

We also need to add developed wallpapers and splash screens to these distros. These distros are completely under GPL license and totally free to the public.

Our Shift Linux has been featured on Distrowatch and Tux Machines. The Linux Mark Institute has issued a trademrk registration for us. We are extremely proud of the work that we have put into it, but our developing staff is dwindling, despite the fact that we are so close to finishing. We need help to overcome these last hurdles and get this distro out. We are almost done with our website and hope to link our next version of this distro when it is done.

I write to ask anyone interested in helping us complete this task, please contact me. I would be forever greatful. We will give full credit to any and all developers who assist us to completion!

Barney
barneyt@neowin.net

QUOTE (Barney @ Sep 14 2006, 07:47 PM) *
I am writing to ask for help on a community project by Linux enthusiasts at Neowin. A group of us have decided to create a site distro called Shift Linux. We have actually produced several test versions and are currently planning to release our first public version shortly. Our distro is based on Morphix (http://www.morphix.org).

We have released a concept distro usong Xfce4 and a "working" live distro using Fluxbox. Now we want to rtelease two additional versions *Shift Linux 0.3-Flux" and "Shift Linux 0.3-Gnome". We have produced working .XML files for each of these, but are stuck because we cannot get them to connect automatically to the internet. Once booted up, we have to issue the command "sudo /sbin/ifup -a" in order to get the network recognised.

We also need to add developed wallpapers and splash screens to these distros. These distros are completely under GPL license and totally free to the public.

Our Shift Linux has been featured on Distrowatch and Tux Machines. The Linux Mark Institute has issued a trademrk registration for us. We are extremely proud of the work that we have put into it, but our developing staff is dwindling, despite the fact that we are so close to finishing. We need help to overcome these last hurdles and get this distro out. We are almost done with our website and hope to link our next version of this distro when it is done.

I write to ask anyone interested in helping us complete this task, please contact me. I would be forever greatful. We will give full credit to any and all developers who assist us to completion!

You can read more about Shift Linux HERE.

Barney
barneyt@neowin.net

Sorry for the double post..... sad.gif

Barney
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 02:14 PM