Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Restarting X, 3 tries and your out
mtnbiker18
post Apr 22 2003, 11:46 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 708

Hello everyone,

I've had RH8 up and running for about 6 months with NO problems. Then I came home the other day to find everything frozen. Had to do a hard reset. All seemed OK with the start up process until it went to start X. RH tried 3 time to start X, but it failed. I don't know what to do to fix the problem.. I won't be at the computer until after work, so I can't give specifics. Any Ideas? I don't know what caused the problem either.

Thanks,
Duane
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Corey
post Apr 23 2003, 06:24 AM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Are you using NVidia accelerated drivers? On my system, if it ever locks up, I have to re-install the driver on reboot with "make install".. This is probably not your problem, but, I thought I would mention it anyways.

--------------------
Corey Quilliam
(former) Linuxhelp.ca Administrator
cquilliam-AT-gmail-dot-com

Want to help out Linuxhelp.net? Check out our Linuxhelp Wiki and see if there are some articles you would like to submit!!

--
Ubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Work Laptop (HP-Compaq NC6400 Core2)
Kubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Desktop (HP m8120n QuadCore)
Ubuntu 6.04 - Server (I'm not upgrading this baby until support runs out in 2012) (Some old POS dell)

+Quote Post
mtnbiker18
post Apr 23 2003, 12:10 PM
Post #3

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 708

Well, yes, infact I am using the NVidia drivers. But when i try to 'make install' I get and error shortly afterwards. I think I'm going to try and install XFree86 4.3.0 and see if the NVidia drivers are newer than the '4191' that I have. I'd reall like to know what hosed it in the first place. But that is a later issue.

Thanks,
Duane

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 10:33 AM