Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> linux on dell?
Raveneye
post Jul 4 2006, 12:31 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,689

Okey well My original computer broke so I decided to get my brothers old computer till I can buy a new one, well bad news. When I install linux on it and run it all I get is a blank screen with a blinking dot. Well I gave up on it and decided maybe the hardware is just not compatable or something. Well a few days ago me and a friend were just talking (he's almost a linux guru) and I mention what happened to him. Well he tells me it will work on my system, all I have to do is give the linux installer a certain command so it'll install it a certain way. But he dosn't remember the command!java script:emoticon('<_<', 'smid_1') so I'm looking here for answers. He did tell me what was wrong though apparently dell has some dos partition to handle stuf and it won't recognize my linux. If anyone knows anything please help me.

My system is a dell dimension L700CXE, if that helps any.

thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Raveneye
post Jul 7 2006, 11:32 PM
Post #2

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,689

So is anyone going to help me? It's been on here for a while? well it's like some dos partition the dell has instead of machine code or something, and I just need to give the installer a certain command to change the dos partition to a different one or something. Thats what my friend told me. All I need is the command and where and when to put it. anything?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 06:19 AM