Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> Redhat 8.0 And Multiple Video Cards, ARGH! THIS IS DRIVING ME MAD!
dklon
post Oct 10 2002, 12:37 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 44

I just installed RedHat 8.0 a grand total of 3 times tonight, and I think I know where my problem lies. I have a Dell system with an onboard video card (Intel 810) and a Radeon 7200. I have disabled in the BIOS the 810, because it is a piece of crap, and I use the 7200, which is on the PCI bus.

Now, when I do the install, it's smoothe as silk (I really enjoyed it). However, when I get to the X screen after my first boot, all I get is a purty mouse cursor and some garbage pixels at the top of the screen. What gets me is that, while running anaconda, it probes and finds the 810, but is using the 7200 all the way through. I tell anaconda I'm using a 7200, and lets me test it, which looks fine and dandy.

However, during normal boot, it just sits there like a dumb you-know-what. Can someone help me out of this conundrum?

This is a Dell Dimension L933r with 128MB RAM and a 60GB hdd. Any help on this would be appreciated. I want to use this great distro I forked out $40 for, but I can't.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Joey
post Oct 11 2002, 02:03 PM
Post #2

LinuxHelp Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Have you tried using the Intel for the install/first boot and then using the hardware manager thingy in X to configure/switch to the other card?

You might also want to have a look at https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/buglis...form_name=query and perhaps file a bug on this as well.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 01:51 PM