Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> Need Extremely lightwieght distro
-Demosthenes-
post May 18 2006, 10:32 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,391

Hey, I have an old laptop, Pentium II, and I need a Linux distro for it. Windows xp won't works way, way too slowly, so I need a really really lightweight Linux distribution that I can use. I am a complete Linux noob. If you think you know what I'm saying, you don't. I have no idea, what so ever how Linux works, I am windows through and through. I expect you will be my close friends in the forum for a long while biggrin.gif

I need it to be able to use my belkin wireless g (model number FSD7010) notebook card. I need to be able to connect onto the network at my house and internet connections in public places, like universities and Mcdonalds. Not sure how they get that connection, but with windows it does, so I assume it's possible with Linux. If there isn't a way to use my card, I'm open suggestions for a new one that will work.

I also need to be able to use some kind of word processor, if I can use the word xp I already have, then cool. But if there's something else I can use, I completely trust the members of this forum. The last thing I need is FireFox. I love FireFox, but if a the only light systems don't have it, then I'll live without it, my wounds will heal, eventually.

SUSE didn't work, too big. It installed, took about eight hours, and is still booting. I've given up on SUSE, I need a very very small distro that will actually work.

What is the smallest, lightest distribution in existence?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 05:23 AM