Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Closed TopicStart new topic
> SuSe Locks up? help!
Goblin
post Mar 1 2006, 09:00 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,111

Hi before I begin let me tell you that I'm a complete newb to linux, so if you give me commands to type in or anything, could you please explain what they mean and what they do. thanks.

Anyway my problem is this I installed SuSe 10.0 on my Acer Aspire 3000 laptop and everything went fine until I booted it up. The laptop just completly locks up, it's preety much always before the splash screen appears on the screen, I only once seen the SuSe-Gnome splash screen but then it locked up again. I did notice when I did the hardware config that my graphic's card did not detect right, it said a 600-something but mine is a 700-something. I didn't think the graphics was the problem because the splash screen (the one time I saw it) looked very nice.

Also if anyone could explain to me how to change the resolution and all that good stuff before boot maybe that would fix the problem.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Goblin
post Mar 2 2006, 08:29 AM
Post #2

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,111

Ok well I got it working now... there was something wrong with the Memory so I switch it out.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 08:22 PM