Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Soundblaster Live 5.1, A Lil Sound Trouble
petemcr
post Nov 28 2005, 07:03 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,790

Hi.

This isn't a massive problem, but i'd let to get it sorted. I've just recently installed Mandriva 2006 on my system and although everything is working fine, I can't seem to get my 5.1 speaker setup to work. I'm currently using VLC Media Player to play all my DVDs and i've enabled support for 5.1 soundcards, however I still don't get any sound through my centre or rear channels.

Can anyone help me with this, take it easy on me though i'm still a newbie, thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Richie
post Nov 30 2005, 01:10 PM
Post #2

Grub-er

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,935

Hi,
I was having probmels getting any sound from my system after a mandriva 2006 install. I have a Sound Blaster Awe64 PnP ISA card, old I know. I found if I ran alsaconf it sorted out all my problems. However I could not find alsaconf on my install or the cd's i downloaded. So if you don't have it you can doenload the package from rpm Search then just search fro alsaconf download the rpm for mandriva 2006 install and then it's there. Of couse you have to run alsaconf as root user.

But your problem is slighlty different from mine but worth a try. Let me know if it works anyway..

Good Luck.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 01:01 AM