Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Linux(smoothwall) Router Woes
sidekick
post Oct 20 2005, 11:11 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,654

Hi guys,

I have a smoothwall box here set up to route data between a Green(internal) and Red(external) interface. The box was primarily implemented for monitoring bandwidth purposes. Two internal logical subnets exist, 10.1.1.0/24 and 10.1.4.0/24. The 10.1.1.0 subnet has its own net connection. I want the 10.1.4.0 subnet to be able to communicate with the 10.1.1.0 subnet through the smoothie. The gateway for the workstations on the 10.1.4.0 subnet is the smoothie(of course). Because I want the 10.1.4.0 subnet to route to the 10.1.1.0 subnet I added a network alias (on the smoothwall) on the 10.1.1.0 subnet. This automatically added a static route for the subnet through the internal(correct) interface. From the smootie I can communicate with any of the machines on the 10.1.1.0 subnet but can't communicate to the subnet(10.1.1.0) from the workstations on the 10.1.4.0 subnet. The 10.1.4.0 machines can go out through the red(internet) interface though. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a configuration problem. The Administration guides for smotohwall didn't help me and due to the differences in smoothwall and your average linux distro I'm finding it hard to find other resources(plus im a 'nix noob).

preemptive thanks
~MR
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 03:18 AM