Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wireless Problem On Compaq R4100, Wireless interface detection
callin_24_7@yaho...
post Oct 15 2005, 01:01 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,627

Hey, i have installed linux on my compaq R4100 laptop. It workes fine except i am having problems setting up my wireless card. My ethernet card has an ethernet interface but i do not have a interface for my wireless card. So i can't use the wireless interface. Sorry if this is hard to understand i am newer to linux. I am using SUSE 10.0. Thank you for the help.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ollie90680
post Oct 23 2005, 10:03 PM
Post #2

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,172

You haven't provided much to consider and I believe that you might get more replies taking this post to the Suse Forum or Wireless Forum. I am not familiar with the Compaq you mentioned. Is this a desktop or laptop? Are you using a PCMCIA card or PCI card? Is this a built-in WIFI adapter? Have you tried to setup wireless via Yast? If PCMCIA did you do cardctl ident as root in shell? You may need to use NDISwrapper if there aren't any drivers in linux for your chipset.

Suse is the best linux distro I have used and I have used Red Hat and Mandrake. Still do use Mandrake and also Suse. You will really enjoy Suse and it has so much to offer. Yast is a great tool for setting up your system.

Open Yast, click on Network Devices, then Network Cards, then configure. Maybe that will set it up for you. Also, have you found Kwifimanager?

Best of luck
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 11:34 PM