Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Boot Redhat From Cd
bootme
post Mar 23 2003, 05:50 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 577

hi...new to this board & need help with a dual boot issue. dell laptop, fixed & removable hard disk, NO floppy drive, does have cd. need xp on fixed disk & linux on removable hard disk. i do not want to use a boot loader because it has to write to the fixed disk. this would be okay but if i take the removable disk out then niether os will boot (have tried this with lilo only). i need to be able to boot the dell with the removable hard disk out. i have loaded linux on the removable disk with the boot files on the first sector of the removable disk but it will not boot into linux (lilo hangs up @ LI ). i can use the linux rescue command using disk 1 of my redhat install disks & see my linux installation but do not know how to get to the gui from here. can anybody offer me some ideas? thanks!!

can a linux boot 'floppy' be burned to a cd & that be used to boot into linux? sorry to sound so dumb but this issue is making me feel just that...dumb!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bootme
post Mar 24 2003, 12:54 PM
Post #2

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 577

sad.gif ^
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 07:52 PM