Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pcmcia Kernel Lockup, PCMCIA trouble
oxygn21
post Mar 16 2003, 04:31 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 557

I recently installed susi 8.1 professional on my computer. I have been trying to get the wireless internet up snd running but I am having some trouble. I have a desktop with an sis530 motherboard and an amdk6 processor. I am useing a TI pci card controller and a orinoco silver card. I plug everything in and the computer goes through hotplugging just fine, then the PCMCIA kernel starts, I get 2 beeps from the card then everything locks up. I can't even get out of it with cnrl/break. I have checked the bios for a place to turn off plug and play bios but there is none. I also turned the pnp/pci resources controled by: auto -- to manual. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
oxygn21
post Mar 16 2003, 06:21 PM
Post #2

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 557

Alright, I solved my problem, but for future reference I ended up changing the kernel from the internal kernel to the external kernel. I found they are pretty close to the same and it seems to work well. Now I just need to figure out how to run my internet through it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 04:21 AM