Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help! In Remote Graphice Login And Ftp, Nfs Issue, Network issue, mainly.
Dunhill
post Jul 19 2005, 02:32 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,230

Hi,
I am a little bit new in Linux, if dun say completely new.... currently I encountered some problem in Linux network.

1. I used Xmanager 2.0 to do the desktop log in from windows, for unix machine, no problem, but for Linux (I have 3, Red hat 9, RHE3 and RHE4.), I can not open the desktop. what necessary setting should I do? I can only get a terminal out and can run programmes there. but it will be best if i can see the desktop.

2. For RH9, i can use the ftp in windows. but for RHE3:
Windows can not access this folder, Make sure you typed file name correctly and that you have permission to access the folder.
Details,
220 RHE3 FTP server (version 5.60) ready,
530 Must perform authentication before identifying USER.

For RHE4, warning/error message is the same. what is wrong? I check the service in RHE3 and RHE4, in System Settings--Server Settings--Service, I check the server gssftp but i can neither start or stop this service. what should I do? sad.gif

3. If i like to let my Linux access NFS directory of Unix, what should I do? use the same commands as in Unix? can I access them use GUI?

Please help me on this issue. Btw, for a newbie like me, how should I start to learn? read books? if so any recommendatioins?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dunhill
post Jul 20 2005, 02:22 AM
Post #2

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,230

Please advise! I am desperate on these issue... Any1 can help me out? thanks...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 06:25 AM