Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Linux, how will i going to uninstall linux??
jeiahnne
post Jul 17 2005, 03:23 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,286

how will i be able to unistall linux on my pc...
my pc is a gift and it is pre installed with a linux operating system.
my problem now is that i am having a hard time understanding the system that is why i wanted now to get rid of linux but i really don't know how to unistall it. since i don't know anything bout linux.. pls help me on this.. i wanted to have a step by step procedure on how am i going to uninstall linux OS.. tnx in advance
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Corey
post Jul 17 2005, 11:19 AM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Well, it all depends on what OS you want to replace it with. If you want to install Windows 2000/XP, then it is pretty easy.

First you will need a Windows boot disk, I would suggest a bootdisk from bootdisk.com. You may need to make this on a windows computer. When you have this made, boot from it by changing your bios settings to boot from floppy.

Once you see the dos prompt, execute the following:

fdisk /mbr

This will erase the Linux bootloader. From here, you can change your bios settings to boot from cdrom, and pop in your Windows cd that you're going to be installing from, and just follow the install process and overwrite the Linux partition with the Windows install.

If you don't have a floppy drive, you can try just booting the Windows CD straight from the cdrom and maybe Windows will overwrite the linux bootloader.

--------------------
Corey Quilliam
(former) Linuxhelp.ca Administrator
cquilliam-AT-gmail-dot-com

Want to help out Linuxhelp.net? Check out our Linuxhelp Wiki and see if there are some articles you would like to submit!!

--
Ubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Work Laptop (HP-Compaq NC6400 Core2)
Kubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Desktop (HP m8120n QuadCore)
Ubuntu 6.04 - Server (I'm not upgrading this baby until support runs out in 2012) (Some old POS dell)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 09:26 AM