Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Suse 9.3 Network Browsing, Suse 9.3 Network Browsing
pcmdofkc
post Jul 8 2005, 07:39 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,238

Just installed Suse 9.3/KDE 3.4 on my Inspiron 4000, dual boot with XP Pro. Installation was easy and quickly established network connectivity with an Atheros tri-band pcmcia card and netgear ethernet pcmcia card. Network browsing icon is missing from the desktop. Setup samba client and can see my workgroup with smb://workgroup but cannot see any network workstations (various flavors of Windows including 98SE, 2000 pro and server, and XP Home and Pro). Downloaded and installed KDEnetwork-LISa module. In System Services (Runlevel) lisa is now in the list but when I try to enable lisa, I first get a message "boot.clock" must be started first, click continue, boot.clock appears to start but "starting lisa" hangs (tried to start lisa last night, still not started this morning). Any suggestions would be appreciated. Any ideas on turning off the tap feature of the synaptics touchpad would also be REALLY appreciated..hate that darn thing!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pcmdofkc
post Jul 8 2005, 09:50 PM
Post #2

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,238

Surely someone knows why the network icon and kdenetwork3-lisa is missing from Suse9.3...anybody?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 05:43 AM