Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help, Can't See Anything!, help please
post Mar 7 2003, 08:28 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 509

Hi!-- this is my problem:
I used to run an Elx distribution until yesterday when i decided i was going to install Lycoris.
When i Elx for the last time i noticed that after all the "starting things" (sorry i don't know how to call this.. is when its says, starting.... , checking.... ,etc) ended my screen turned black and i couldn't see anything..
i did't bother trying to solve that 'cause i knew i was going to install Lycoris on that partition.
But when i istalled Lycoris the same thing hapenned!!!.. i said to myself.. well Lycoris may have some bugs, i don't know..
so i instaLLEd Redhat 8.0 ... and guess what..
the same thing happened!!!!!
soo please people... i need help.

ohh.. my monitor is a Philips 150 s (in case that's important)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Mar 10 2003, 07:56 AM
Post #2

Its GNU/

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

This has happened to my monitor several times. For example, I have a nvidia geforce2 card, and a shitty monitor. Whenever I install a new linux distro that pre-installs X, it uses the default "nv" drivers, at which my monitor chokes on. Whenever the distro goes to start X, the screen shuts off, and I don't see anything. In order for me to fix it, I have to try to get back to console (With Ctrl-Alt-F1 or Ctrl-C or something). And download the latest accelerated drivers from NVidia and use them. Then everything is fine. Maybe you are having a similar problem.

And yes, everything did work find at one point.

Corey Quilliam
(former) Administrator

Want to help out Check out our Linuxhelp Wiki and see if there are some articles you would like to submit!!

Ubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Work Laptop (HP-Compaq NC6400 Core2)
Kubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Desktop (HP m8120n QuadCore)
Ubuntu 6.04 - Server (I'm not upgrading this baby until support runs out in 2012) (Some old POS dell)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th March 2018 - 11:16 PM