Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Makefile Problem W/ Cc And F77 Compiler
Coriolis
post Jun 10 2005, 11:02 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,105

Greetings!

I am running some legacy code (originally written for DEC UNIX, source code in C and Fortran) on my LINUX box (Redhat Enterprise 3). It seems to run fine without any problems.

However, I am now in need of making modifications to the code, but I can't seem to compile the code successfully.

I am using the makefile that was originally used for compiling on the UNIX, and am executing the command as follows (the main routine is called pcjoint.c):

make -f Makepcjoint

The report I get is as follows:

Compiling pcjoint.o due to pcjoint.c modification
cc -c -O -lg2c -lc -ltermcap -I/usr/local/track/trackpc/../include pcjoint.c
cc: -lg2c: linker input file unused because linking not done
cc: -lc: linker input file unused because linking not done
cc: -ltermcap: linker input file unused because linking not done
f77 -o pcjoint pcjoint.o -L/usr/local/track/trackpc/../lib -lfile_pcjoint -O -lg2c -lc -ltermcap

Although the makefile successfully creates an executable called pcjoint, it is only half the size of the original executable (compiled on UNIX) and changes I make to the source code (obvious things like adding/modifying print statements) do not "stick"!

I'm very confused about this.

Regarding the "linker input file" messages above. I know this did not show up when I used to compile this code (many, many years ago) on the old UNIX box. I'm guessing there's a compiler problem, but I don't have the background to figure this out myself.

Can someone help me out?

I'm somewhat of a novice in C programming, just enough to be dangerous wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 12:12 PM