Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Error Compiling Ivtv On Knoppmyth
newmoon
post May 8 2005, 09:09 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,969

Greetings all:

I'm a very experienced technician with Windows and hardware, but very new to Linux. Since this seems like a friendly place where I won't get flamed/insuted, I thought I'd post here.

I'm trying to get a Hauppauge PVR-150 tv tuner card working under KnoppMyth R5A12. (Debian, 2.6.9 kernel variant) There's no out of the box support for the card yet in KnoppMyth, so I have to compile the ivtv driver (ver. 0.3.2s).

I've managed to untar the kernel sources, but I get an error when trying to make ivtv.
CODE
root@box:/ivtv-0.3.2s/driver# make
make CONFIG_VIDEO_IVTV=m -C /lib/modules/2.6.9-chw-4/build M=/ivtv-0.3.2s/driver/modules
make: *** /lib/modules/2.6.9-chw-4/build: No such file or directory. Stop.
make: *** [all} Error 2

BTW: I'd just like to say that learning Linux when you're a Windows person is a whole paradigm shift. Not only are the commands different, but the whole way of thinking about the OS is soooooooo different. I find though, that the more someone explains, rather than just tells me what to type, the better I get at Linux. biggrin.gif

Thanks in advance

newmoon
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 05:43 PM