Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Slackware Help, problems with root file system
linuxlover
post May 7 2005, 07:25 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,964

Hello. I am new to this forum and this is my first post so i hope i dont screw it up but..
I have Slackware 10.0 and i just installed it on my second hard drive (/dev/hdb1) and i am dualbooting with windows xp. One day, my brother came into my room and saw my linux console open, because i hadnt entered kde yet, and he thought something was wrong with my computer and he resetted it because he thought he was tryin to help.

Anyway, my problem is is that now it checks the file system every time i boot, but wont let me get to the login prompt, because it reboots every time. is there a way that i can use like a rescue disk to go in there and disable file checking? if so, that would be great. I dont have too much experience with linux, but i just got my mp3 player working with it and it was all pretty much set up until he came in and resetted it, and it would be a pain to have to do it all again.

Thank You, Dustin Pruente
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
linuxlover
post May 7 2005, 08:18 AM
Post #2

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,964

Nevermind. ive decided to reinstall slackware and disable my reset button. maybe that will help wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 02:38 AM