Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nothing Works!, Problems with Linux and windows
Mike Campo
post Apr 18 2005, 07:50 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,890

I just bought a new HP Pavilion that comes with windows pre-installed on the hard drive. All the files for windows is on the hard drive already and it doesn't come with any recovery discs.. Anyways, I tried to install Suse Linux 9.2 pro, but when it came down to partitioning my drive, it wan't able to. It was trying to split my windows partition into 40 and 20 GB's. I thought that the HP crap may be stopping it, so I used partition magic to partion 20 Gb's for linux, and I made the swap file and everything seemed right. It also selected the new partion to be used when I re-boot. After re-booting, my HP system recovery comes up because I guess it can't find Windows, since it's on another partion. I try to install linux again, and I'm having more trouble with the partitioning. I don't understand what it was doing, and I can't seem to find the partition that I made for it. I'm not an expert with hard drives, so I guess I could post here exactly what it's trying to do. So now I can't boot windows, I can't do the HP system restore since it's on another partition, and I guess my only hope would be to get linux running and then I might be able to boot windows again. Any idea's?

Thanks,
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mike Campo
post Apr 19 2005, 10:20 PM
Post #2

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,890

I have gotten everything back to normal. I found my dad's old xp disk so I used that to re-install windows. I guess i'll just download the Suse Live Cd.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 04:10 PM