Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> End Of The Year Programming Assignment For School, Need a good game programming lang
docmur
post Mar 31 2005, 02:21 PM
Post #1

I Eat C Code for Breakfast

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,136

Good Day

I'm a computer science student at WCI in waterloo Ontario and I need to find a programming language to use for my year end assignment. The assignment it's self is easy, it involves programming a game start to finish however I want to try new programming language in Linux to work with. I want a language that will be effecient well letting me control memory flow. I have given thought to using C and or C++ because of the great ESP memory control but I want to skip the long and unbaring syntax that would follow. I guess the real question that I want an answer to is which programming languages will give me the most effecient memory control well letting me use a good and easy syntax. I prefer 2D game programming because I make use of not having to program complex 3D vectors but would consider it if the syntax was not to long. Also and please keep this answer seperate does any one know were to get a free version of OpenGL for linux. If it is distro special I use Suse Linux 9.2 pro

Thanks DOCMUR

--------------------
Gentoo ROCKS!!!!! Go and emerge the world
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 06:29 AM