Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Installing From Mutiple Cds In Suse 9.2, my example is Unreal tournament 2004
Wolfman J
post Mar 23 2005, 08:11 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,778

Tring to install software that spans multiple CDs confounds me in SUSE 9.2. I am using the game Unreal Tournament 04 as an example because it has built in Linux instaler. After the first disk is fully installed it instructs to unmount CD and insert next disk then remount. Mabe I'm an Idiot about this, but it's giving me no end of dificulty getting this to happen. Can anybody help me so I don't have to pay for Novell cust. service for help. Thanks in advance....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
docmur
post Mar 23 2005, 01:58 PM
Post #2

I Eat C Code for Breakfast

Member No.: 4,136

Okay my way is a little weird but it should work. Luckily I use the same linux system you do so I can help. Before installing the game open up a terminal session. Leave it open and start the install. At the end of the first cd go to the terminal and type "umount /media/cdrom" I always get an error but it will unmount the drive. type eject into the command line to eject the cd and it will eject. Next put the second cd in and type "mount /media/cdrom" in the cd drive.
use this method for as many cd's as u have to install. I might not be a complete expert but this method works for me when I have to install multi cd's in linux. Note the if the drive your using is a DVD drive the drive will be accessed by using /media/dvd not /media/cdrom and if the drive is a burner the access prompt will be /media/cdrecorder not /media/cdrom, I don't know the prompt for DVD burner but I assume it's /media/dvdrecorder. I hope this can help.

--------------------
Gentoo ROCKS!!!!! Go and emerge the world

+Quote Post
Wolfman J
post Mar 23 2005, 03:29 PM
Post #3

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Member No.: 4,778

Thanks. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 02:53 AM