Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Windows Xp Losing Connection To Linux Server, IP changing on Xp machine.
reecex
post Mar 8 2005, 08:10 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,740

Have a linux mail/internet server, users running 98 started to upgrade to Xp and the xp machines keep losing its connection to the Linux server, and you either have to restart the linux server or change their IP address and then it re-connects. But only for a short while (random time limit).

Not to clued up on linux but gimme what you got, any help on what you think or to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gtwcmt.tk
post Mar 8 2005, 08:06 PM
Post #2

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,742

I have a simalar issue,. I have not taken the steps to move to linux because of drivers issues with my hardware, I found some drivers smile.gif so now my one machine is moving onto linux with XP pro, I know there are issue and setting that have to be stopped with XP, I searched "problem networking XP pro" with a windows network. that may work, im a bit of a noob my self thought

But I cant even get the computers to talk whats so ever!! both netcard are working and ping able (from there own ends) it like I havent got a cable ! ( i have btw)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 11:38 AM