Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can't Boot To Windows Xp, suse 9.2 only boots to linux
stormbay
post Feb 27 2005, 11:37 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,712

Hello I have just installed suse 9.2 on an acer T620 and it won't boot to windows. Being very new to linux I am not that familiar with how to operate it. When the computer boots and I choose windows, I get the following message:- root (hd0,0) filesystem type is fat, partition type 0xc chainloader +1
I have gone to the suse support site and it said to download an update which I did but no matter what I do it just says that there is no driver update on my disc. I have noticed that others using the suse forum have the same problem and one said to disable my ide drive and it will boot to windows, but I don't know how to do that and I can't make a floppy boot disc as I don't have a floppy drive, just a cd/dvd drive. I am afraid that I will have to reload xp and will lose all my data which I don't want to do. I really want to use linux but after 3 days of working on it, no joy at all. Also I have no access to the web as it won't recognise my modem and no sound as it says that I have no sound card. Could anyone please help me with this. Luckily I have a laptop so can at least do something
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ggsinclair
post Mar 2 2005, 08:06 AM
Post #2

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,689

Hello!

Do you know if you are using GRUB or Lilo to boot?

If you are unsure have a look in YaST at the Boot Options section.

Also - when you partitioned your drive did you let Suse choose what to do or did you do custom partitioning?

Gordon
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 05:50 PM