Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fedora Kernel
Stevey_G
post Feb 26 2005, 07:35 AM
Post #1

./configure

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,448

On my Fedora box, I decided to let the update agent download and install the latest kernel. Normally it will install the bzImage and alter grub so I can boot from the new kernel...... but no such luck this time. The update agent tells me that there is a newer version of the kernel on the system (2.6.10-1.766) and that i should reboot to test it... but grub has not been updated and I cannot see the bzImage in /boot/. Whats going on?! Will I have to install it manually?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stevey_G
post Feb 27 2005, 08:58 AM
Post #2

./configure

Any ideas?

+Quote Post
Stevey_G
post Feb 28 2005, 05:06 PM
Post #3

./configure

Right ok. Last night I successfully managed to compile the 2.6.10 kernel, and create the bzImage. Im having issues with the initrd image now. Basically I need to open up my initrd and bung in my newly compiled modules, BUT im having problems with physically mounting the image. The usual command is mount -o loop /boot/initrd2.x.x.img /mnt/initrd yes? Well, this dont work. It wants me to specify the fs type. Logically, as the image is a compressed ext2 fs -t ext2 should work, but doesnt, nor does -t cpio. Any ideas? Im tearing my hair out trying to work out why i cant mount it!!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 06:17 PM