Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rhel 4 Won't See Ps/2 Keyboard
nifflerX
post Feb 21 2005, 03:00 PM
Post #1

./configure

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,751

Hi,

I recently installed RHEL WS 4 on a machine and the installation went fine until I tried to use my keyboard. My keyboard is a Microsoft keyboard that connects via PS/2 port. When I'm booting up the machine with the keyboard connected I can use the keyboard to enter the BIOS and to select which kernel to run. But as soon as the kernel is loaded I lose the ability to use the keyboard. If I plug in a USB keyboard I can use that without a problem. I've run kudzu a number of times and it doesn't see any problems, regardless of if the PS/2 keyboard is plugged in or not. If I run kudzu and unplug the USB keyboard they it asks about the USB configuration.

I checked the file /etc/sysconfig/keyboard and the settings appear to be right:

KEYBOARDTYPE="pc"
KEYTABLE="us

Does anyone know how I can force my machine to recognize a PS/2 keyboard? Thanks so much.

-NifflerX
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nifflerX
post Feb 21 2005, 05:10 PM
Post #2

./configure

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,751

So it turns out to get the PS/2 keyboard working you must disable 'USB Legacy Support' in the BIOS (at least for the version I'm running, 1.08). Hope this helps someone out.

-NifflerX
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 11:30 PM