Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vmware 4.5, install
docmur
post Feb 4 2005, 11:03 AM
Post #1

I Eat C Code for Breakfast

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,136

Hay it's docmur again, so here's my problem. Every time I try and install VMware in suse 9.2 pro I get a question about the location of my C header. I can't get past this last step of my install. I heard about a patch that I could get but I don't know how to use it. So can any one help me on how to install this. My other question is once VMware is installed can and I install windows in it will it let me run all windows software. The last version I got to work which was 4.0.5 never let me install games like max payne or run them so cana someone help.

Thanks DOCMUR

--------------------
Gentoo ROCKS!!!!! Go and emerge the world
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Corey
post Feb 4 2005, 11:24 AM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

You need to install your kernel header files from YaST2, just do a serach for it in there. Without this, vmware won't be able to compile it's modules against your running kernel.

VMware will let you run almost all windows applications, however, games are a bit different. Where VMware is a virtual machine, some things like hardware acceleration are not possible. Therefore, games like Max Payne, etc, will not work through VMware. However, you should be able to run Max Payne using Transgaming's Cedega, I have played Max Payne 2 using Cedega, and it ran pretty good. Check out transgamming's website for more details.

--------------------
Corey Quilliam
(former) Linuxhelp.ca Administrator
cquilliam-AT-gmail-dot-com

Want to help out Linuxhelp.net? Check out our Linuxhelp Wiki and see if there are some articles you would like to submit!!

--
Ubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Work Laptop (HP-Compaq NC6400 Core2)
Kubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Desktop (HP m8120n QuadCore)
Ubuntu 6.04 - Server (I'm not upgrading this baby until support runs out in 2012) (Some old POS dell)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 06:30 AM