Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Text Viewing Trouble
phunk-e
post Feb 24 2003, 02:49 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 475

Hi, im new to linux but so far i have had no troubles, i recently had to re-install mandrake due to upgrades in hardware, since i have re-installed the only problem i have had is with text, not just when viewing a text document, but with text in general. It is hard to explain but parts of letters are thick and some are thin, but it is not a constant change in thickness.
I have tried changing fonts and changing size but still no luck.
when i mean text, i mean everything, from program heading to drop down menus to folder names, descriptions..... everything, i can still read what it says, but after a while it beging to strain my eyes....
does anyone know how to fix this problem.....?
i would appreciate any help given.

cheers Brendan
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Corey
post Feb 24 2003, 02:40 PM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

By viewing text I am guessing you mean in X-Windows and not in console. If this is the case, what Window manager (or desktop environment) are you using? Have you attempted to use Anti-aliased fonts, they are quite nice, and makes almost all text problems go away. KDE has a simple button you can click to get it going provided you have the proper packages installed.

What distribution are you running?

--------------------
Corey Quilliam
(former) Linuxhelp.ca Administrator
cquilliam-AT-gmail-dot-com

Want to help out Linuxhelp.net? Check out our Linuxhelp Wiki and see if there are some articles you would like to submit!!

--
Ubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Work Laptop (HP-Compaq NC6400 Core2)
Kubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Desktop (HP m8120n QuadCore)
Ubuntu 6.04 - Server (I'm not upgrading this baby until support runs out in 2012) (Some old POS dell)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 02:52 AM