Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Text Viewing Trouble
post Feb 24 2003, 02:49 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 475

Hi, im new to linux but so far i have had no troubles, i recently had to re-install mandrake due to upgrades in hardware, since i have re-installed the only problem i have had is with text, not just when viewing a text document, but with text in general. It is hard to explain but parts of letters are thick and some are thin, but it is not a constant change in thickness.
I have tried changing fonts and changing size but still no luck.
when i mean text, i mean everything, from program heading to drop down menus to folder names, descriptions..... everything, i can still read what it says, but after a while it beging to strain my eyes....
does anyone know how to fix this problem.....?
i would appreciate any help given.

cheers Brendan
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Feb 24 2003, 02:40 PM
Post #2

Its GNU/

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

By viewing text I am guessing you mean in X-Windows and not in console. If this is the case, what Window manager (or desktop environment) are you using? Have you attempted to use Anti-aliased fonts, they are quite nice, and makes almost all text problems go away. KDE has a simple button you can click to get it going provided you have the proper packages installed.

What distribution are you running?

Corey Quilliam
(former) Administrator

Want to help out Check out our Linuxhelp Wiki and see if there are some articles you would like to submit!!

Ubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Work Laptop (HP-Compaq NC6400 Core2)
Kubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Desktop (HP m8120n QuadCore)
Ubuntu 6.04 - Server (I'm not upgrading this baby until support runs out in 2012) (Some old POS dell)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th March 2018 - 04:44 PM