Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Newbie Installing Help, Im Stuck !, Installation
txcwboy
post Feb 16 2003, 11:07 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 450

I have a SV24 with a CyricIII 900 cpu. I had XP Pro formatted NTFS. I am trying to install some type of Linux, I have Mandrake 8.2, Mandrake 9.1 beta and Red Hat 8.0. I cant get the HD formatted , I tried to use the Western Digital software for the drive but it doesnt want to JUST format it. I tried booting from the CDs but for some reason it doesnt want to boot from CD starts too ,then goes to another drive. I have tried to install 5 different verisons of Linux over the years and Mandrake 8.2 was the first one that i got installed and worked. It was on a PII 333 and upgraded it to a Duron 950 and spent all day trying to get it upgraded/reinstalled but it would just give me different errors so I just reformated the SV24. I am TRYING to learn Linux but Linux just wont let me . I need a bootable linux or dos floppy that has format and fdisk on it to wipe it all clean and see if that will do it. I think it has ezbois on it now and thats messing me up.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
txcwboy
post Feb 16 2003, 06:24 PM
Post #2

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 450

ok I got it installed with problems. It skipped over the user name and password section so I cant log in.Trying to reinstall it....for the 4th time.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 05:07 PM