Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Using Cvs As An Update System, It may seem strange but could just work
VBD
post Dec 14 2004, 07:58 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,244

In my game (hoverdemolition), I've been wanting to have an auto update system. Its written in python, so only small modules of code would be changed at a time, resulting in downloads of a few kilobytes for a major update. I was thinking of writing an update system, and having it launch at the beginning of the game, update all the modules, and then run the program. I was fooling around with CVS, to put my code, and I watched as it properly updates out of date files but not up to date files, etc. in a module checkout. I realized this was just the system I needed, as with python you are running from the source code anyway with a quick startup compile. Can anyone think of any reasons against using CVS as the update system?

Also, can anyone throw together a quick python script which would checkout a module off of a CVS system? You can probably assume the CVS is installed on the system. I can work out any details. I was thinking of simply executing CVS (in the background while the auto update window displays), yet I noticed that even in anonymous mode you must hit enter for a blank password. Does anyone have any solution for this?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2017 - 09:53 PM